Boondocking in a Featherlite Prevost
Featherlite Prevost Advantages
Featherlite Coaches have been the choice for customers like our NASCAR clients for years specifically because they offer extended, luxurious dry camping and usage durability. Some of the Featherlite advantages include:
Incredible Tank Capacities - stay longer, easier.
- 160+ Gallon Fresh Water Storage
- 107 Gallon Grey Water and 67 Gallon Black Tanks
- Grey/Black Tank Linking Valve to Increase Storage & Away Times
- 200+ Gallon Diesel Fuel Tank - Longevity in Run Time for Generator and Aqua-Hot
Incredible Storage Space - carry more supplies to extend time away.
- Prevost Chassis Offers Most Underbay Capabilities 500+ cubic feet
- Featherlite Design Maximizes Bay Storage - For Example - Battery Storage Over Chassis Axle - Not in the Bays
- Smart Space Design Inside - Innovative CAD Designed Interiors Maximize Interior Storage Capacity
Advanced Power Systems & HVAC Systems - Stay longer, comfortably.
- Smart Electrical Systems Designed to Run For Days - Our Experience with Off-Grid Racing Clients Provides Advanced Systems Engineering
- Load Shedding, AutoGen, AGM Batteries and 20kw Diesel Genset Working in Concert for Optimized Efficiency and Minimal Generator Run Times
- CAD Designed HVAC Ducting for Optimized and Efficient Air Flow
- Desert Spec Insulation Package - IR/UV Rejecting Window Coatings and Roof Paint
- IMTRA LED Yacht Style LED Lights - Draws Less Power
Resources to Help You Find Your Safe Space
It is a very large country and there is no better way to explore America and it's expanses than in a Featherlite. There are a variety of location options available for boondocking depending on the experience you desire. Start by ensuring you have the right coach by browsing our current inventory. Then do your research and pick a destination. Below are some informative sites to help you escape to a new destination.
Learn More About Boondocking With These Resources:
- Prevost Owners Group offers a community of coach owners whom can help direct you to resources for remote camping.
- Another great owner resource are the Prevost Prouds offering a rich community of information and experience.
- Roverpass - an interesting blog post on preparing and executing successful bookdocking adventures.
- RVShare - Here is a nice article by Jamie Cattanach on boondocking.
Find Your Happy Place:
- Social distancing with a smile!! Check out Harvest Hosts providing opportunities for over-nighting at wineries, breweries, distilleries, farms and museums.
- Check out the US Bureau of Land Management and focus on their "dispersed camping" options.
- West Coast and Southwest bound? Visit Public Lands for some helpful info.
- Recreation.gov is a great place to find your next adventure.
- Campendium is an incredible place to search for places to stay.